Thursday, August 12, 2010

Raw Food

Ever since I had the Raw Spinach Pesto Manicotti at The Laughing Seed in Asheville, I've been a bit obsessed with raw food.  I not only loved the way it tasted, but I also liked how it made me feel after eating it.

So tonight I prepared my first raw dish and it turned out great!  It was like pasta & sauce, only not.

I got the recipe out of a book called Raw Food Made Easy for 1 or 2 People by Jennifer Cornbleet.

I first prepared the sauce, which was:
Tomato,
Sundried Tomato,
Red Pepper,
Garlic,
Oil,
Basil,
Oregano,
Salt,
Pepper, and
Cayenne

You toss everything in a food processor and puree.  It looks just like tomato sauce and tastes delicious!

Then I took some zucchini and used a vegetable spiral slicer to make corkscrew type "pasta".  I then used a peeler to make fettuccine size strips.

Top the zucchini with the sauce.  I garnished with a few slices of red pepper.  So yummy!

I was a bit intimidated by making food that doesn't get cooked, but this recipe was so super quick and easy.  I'm excited to pick something new to try for next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment